Now Then Digital is a new digital portal connecting Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa to the rest of the world, committed to upholding the highest standards of journalistic ethics. In an era of misinformation and “fake news,” we provide accurate and trustworthy information, crafted with honesty and accuracy.
Editorial Ethics & Integrity
Our team covers emerging news and stories on eclectic topics ranging from lifestyle, business, health, entertainment, sports, and politics. However, we ensure that the news and information we share is factual and not intended to influence opinions.
We place the responsibility on readers to choose information most relevant to them and cultivate their own opinions based on facts provided.
In addition, we publish reviews and featured articles written by expert consultants, which are intended for readers seeking expert advice and should not be confused with the opinion of Now Then Digital as a news and information provider.
Editorial Policies for Staff
Our editorial policy is designed to ensure the highest standards of integrity and ethics. In the age of fake news and propaganda, it is easy for readers to fall victim to misinformation, making it even more important to uphold these values in our work.
At Now Then Digital, we:
- Do not appropriate or share false information or rumors in any material intended for publication.
- Ensure that citations and quotations are precise and accurate.
- Maintain appropriate distance from subjects covered.
- Strive to identify and verify all information sources.
- Grant sources anonymity when necessary or insisted upon with justifiable reason.
- Do not provide payments or incentives to newsmakers for photographs, videos, or interviews.
- Do not provide interviewees with a list of questions in advance.
- Do not misidentify or misrepresent ourselves to gain access to stories.
- Give due respect to privacy and safety in the pursuit of images and balance it with the newsworthiness of the story.
- Strive to remain fair in coverage, even when portraying subjects of stories in a negative light.
- Make every effort to obtain responses from persons in question.
- Clearly identify advertising and sponsored content and provide disclaimers for native advertising.
- Keep the newsroom separate from business activities.
- Do not plagiarize or infringe upon copyright.
- Correct mistakes and errors with complete transparency.
- Avoid any behavior or activity that could create conflict of interests or impede our ability to report news fairly and without bias.
Original Content Process
Our content is determined by an expert team of editors, reporters, and journalists, and sourced from a variety of sources. Each article is reviewed by our editors and experts before it is sent for final publication.
Third-Party Content & Collaborations
Now Then Digital may receive funding from third parties for crafting collaborative content for publication on the website. In such circumstances, the third party may work with Now Then Digital to choose topics that are mutually agreed upon.
Nonetheless, the content shall be curated as per our original content process, and the third party shall not have controlling authority over the same. Such content shall contain the attribution “supported by” during publication.
At Now Then Digital, we take our responsibility to provide accurate and trustworthy information seriously. Our policies ensure that we uphold the highest standards of integrity and ethics in our reporting, providing readers with relevant and factual news and information.