The Met Gala takes place on the first Monday night in May every year in New York City; the 2022 high-stakes fashion edition is a major fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute.
KAMPALA | NOW THEN DIGITAL — New York City’s first Monday night in May (which took place on 2 May 2022) is synonymous with the annual fashion extravaganza known as the Met Gala. The 2022 fashion extravaganza guarantees a major financial boost to the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Red carpet hosts for the night included Hamish Bowles, editor-at-large of Vogue, Vanessa Hudgens, and La La Anthony.
- Known for her iconic look, Nicki Minaj wore an all-black ensemble consisting of a sleeveless tulle dress, leather leggings, and a Burberry baseball cap.
- At the Met Gala 2022, Hillary Clinton also wore a simple red, long-sleeved ball gown.
- Keys wore a black gown with a sweeping cape embellished with bejewelled images of New York’s famous skyscrapers at this year’s Met Gala.
- Elon Musk, the world’s richest person, walked the red carpet in a black tailcoat, accompanied by his mother, Maye, dressed in a crimson velvet Dior gown.
- Read also: The following article gives a brief description of all the fashion designers from Uganda, especially Abryanz and Sylvia Owori.
‘Gilded Glamour and White Tie’ was the dress code for the Met Gala 2022, which saw celebs dipping into the fashion archives of late-nineteenth-century New York.
The Gilded Age, which lasted from 1870 to 1890, was marked by unprecedented prosperity, cultural change, and industrialization in New York City.
Usually, the big names in entertainment and fashion attend for free, but for those who must pay, tickets cost $35,000, and tables range from $200,000 to $300,000.
The night’s red carpet was hosted by Vogue editor-at-large Hamish Bowles; actor and singer Vanessa Hudgens; and TV personality La La Anthony.
Riccardo Tisci, the Italian fashion designer in charge of styling Nicki Minaj, had the pop star-struck in an all-black look consisting of a sleeveless tulle dress, leather leggings, and a Burberry baseball cap.
The rap star’s face, shoulders, and arms were adorned with black stones.
Hillary Clinton, former secretary of state of the United States, also attended the Met Gala 2022 in a long-sleeved red gown.
At the Met Gala 2022, Alicia Keys wore a black gown and a sweeping cape adorned with bejewelled images of New York’s famous skyscrapers.
Elon Musk, the richest man in the world, graced the 2022 Met Gala red carpet in a black tailcoat. He arrived with his mother, Maye, who was wearing a crimson velvet Dior gown.