A pair of Ugandan-born music artists, DJ Catu Diosis and music producer Jaqee Nakiri, will headline the 2023 International Africa Festival.
KAMPALA, UGANDA | NOW THEN DIGITAL — Catu Diosis, a DJ and producer, and Jaqee Nakiri, a musician, both Ugandan born, will be the headliner of the 2023 International Africa Festival in Würzburg.
- A list of artists who will perform at the 34th edition of the International Africa Festival, scheduled for 26-29 May 2023 in Würzburg, Germany, has been released by the festival’s organizers.
- This year’s lineup includes some of the most influential African artists, such as British-Congolese artist Juanita Euka, Nigerian DJ Freegah, and Senegalese guitarist Hervé Samb. The festival will also feature performances from renowned international acts, including composer Ludmila Mercerón from Cuba and HI John from Jamaica.
- At the Africa Festival Würzburg, musicians from Africa and the diaspora will perform alongside acclaimed DJs in different genres such as kizomba, cumbia, reggae, kunda, soukous, gqom, and Afro-house.
The festival seeks to celebrate African culture and music, and with the two highly acclaimed artists on board, it is sure to be an unforgettable event.
DJ Catu Diosis is known for her fusion of traditional African sounds with modern production, while Jaqee Nakiri is renowned for her soulful blend of Afrobeat and pop music. Both artists have earned a great deal of recognition for their ability to showcase African music in a modern and engaging way.
Both have already collaborated with renowned African music producers and have a strong following in the African music scene. With their unique styles and creative flair, they are sure to bring something special to the International Africa Festival 2023.
Afro-soul and jazz artist Nomfusi Gotyana (South Africa) and Senny Camara (Senegal) will all perform at this year’s International Africa Festival, as well as soul singer Ceuzany (Cape Verde), kora players Sona Jobarteh (the Gambia) and Senny Camara (Senegal), guitarist Hervé Samb (Senegal), singer and guitarist Nina Ogot (Kenya) and celebrated singer and composer Ludmila Mercerón (Cuba).
In addition to DJ Catu Diosis, this year’s International Africa Festival will feature DJs HI John (Jamaica), DJ Walty Love (Angola), and Freegah (Nigeria).
Juanita Euka, a British-Congolese artist who performs a variety of music, including tango, Afro-Peruvian music, Latin funk, Afrobeat, and Congolese rumba, will also be performing at the Africa Festival Würzburg.
International Africa Festival: What is it all about?
The International Africa Festival began in 1989 and has hosted over 7 000 musicians and artists from 56 African and Caribbean countries.
The event has become one of the most popular cultural events in Europe and is seen as a platform for African and Caribbean cultures to come together and celebrate their heritage. It has also become a popular destination for tourists, who come to witness and enjoy the vibrant performances, art installations, and workshops hosted during the festival.
The line-up for the International Africa Festival 2023 is here.
- Ludmila Mercerón (Cuba)
- Thabilé (South African)
- Juanita Euka (UK/Congo)
- Sona Jobarteh (The Gambia)
- DJ HI John (Jamaica)
- DJ Walty Love (Angola)
- Melane and Band (Germany/Congo)
- Ceuzany (Cape Verde)
- DJ Catu Diosis (Uganda)
- Elida Almeida (Cape Verde)
- Nomfusi (South Africa)
- Hervé Samb (Senegal)
- Nina Ogot (Kenya)
- Lokua Kanza and Family (DRC)
- Faada Freddy (Senegal)
- DJ Freegah (Nigeria)
- Senny Camara (Senegal)
- Kandy Guira (Burkina Faso)
- Jaqee Nakiri (Uganda/Germany)
- Marley’s Ghost (Germany)
The International Africa Festival 2023 in Würzburg is offering early bird tickets until 31 January. Don’t miss out on your chance to secure your place at this amazing event.
Editor’s Note: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you find any of the content to be inaccurate or outdated.
You’re reading nowthendigital.com — which breaks the news about Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and the rest of the world, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow NOW THEN DIGITAL on YouTube, Google, Web Stories, Google News, Medium, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, Linktr, Buy Me a Coffee, and Flipboard to stay in the loop.