MultiChoice Uganda has named Lois Aber Kwikiriza its new Head of Marketing, replacing Colin Asiimwe, who held the position for the last two years.
KAMPALA | NOW THEN DIGITAL — MultiChoice Uganda has named Lois Aber Kwikiriza as the new Head of Marketing following the departure of Colin Asiimwe, who held the position for the previous two years.
- Lois Aber Kwikiriza replaces Colin Asiimwe who held the position for the past two years as MultiChoice Uganda’s new Head of Marketing.
- She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, specializing in Digital Marketing and Services, Experience Marketing, New Generation Marketing, and Process Innovation.
- Aber Kwikiriza has previously held positions at Bank of Credit and Commerce at Stanbic Bank Uganda, Uganda Brewery Limited, and Total Energies Uganda as a marketing and brand manager.
- Since the company’s torrid sex scandal, in which marketing manager Phoebe Nakabazzi was forced to resign, MultiChoice Uganda’s marketing division has struggled to stabilize.
- Albert Ngambeki, MultiChoice Uganda’s marketing manager, left the company in August 2019 after he did not like how he was treated by new boss Hassan Saleh.
- Read also: The celebrated Luganda news anchor Frank Walusimbi is retiring from NTV Uganda following 15 years with the network.
In a statement confirming Kwikiriza’s new position, Hassan Saleh the Managing Director said she will head the marketing team at MultiChoice Uganda.
He said Kwikiriza comes on board with over 20 years of marketing experience and a proven record of achievements in building global brands.
“We are excited to have Lois Aber Kwikiriza, a powerhouse in brand and marketing join the team at MultiChoice to head the marketing department. We look forward to the great work that will be done as we amplify the MultiChoice brand in the Ugandan market,” Saleh said.
“Kwikiriza’s forte is strategy and concept development, project planning, with a strength in ideation & execution. She is an excellent planner in tune with the current market dynamics,” a statement from MultiChoice also read praising the recruit.
Who is Lois Aber Kwikiriza?
Lois Aber Kwikiriza holds a Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences and has received formal training and knowledge in areas such as Digital Marketing and Services, Experiential Marketing, New Generation Marketing, and process innovation.
In the past, Aber Kwikiriza has worked as a marketing and brand manager for corporate and investment banking at Bank of Credit and Commerce at Stanbic Bank Uganda, as the brand manager at Uganda Brewery Limited, and as the marketing manager at Total Energies Uganda.
MultiChoice welcomed her on board and expressed delight at the opportunity to work with them. She also promised her service will be invaluable to the company.
“I am happy to join the home of great pay-TV entertainment, MultiChoice Uganda where I anticipate to provide additional value to the brand,” the statement reads.
In the meantime, MultiChoice’s unstable marketing division has struggled to remain calm in the wake of the company’s torrid sex scandal, which led to the departure of marketing manager Phoebe Nakabazzi.
DSTV Uganda’s brand was damaged after Phoebe Nakabazzi and her former boss Charles Hamya’s torrid extramarital sex scandal was revealed by his wife to all MultiChoice Uganda employees in an email that shocked the office and damaged the brand.
In August 2019, MultiChoice Uganda marketing manager Albert Ngambeki left after barely seven months because he didn’t get along with the company’s new boss, Hassan Saleh.
Now that Colin Asiimwe has left, Lois Aber Kwikiriza is in the lead.