Vivo Energy Uganda launched the Shell Advance campaign dubbed ‘Saawa Ya Kuyiliba’ on September 19, 2022, providing Boda Boda riders with the opportunity to win more than UGX200 million in prizes including motorbikes, fuel, airtime, t-shirts, and reflector jackets.
KAMPALA, UGANDA | NOW THEN DIGITAL — A new campaign dubbed Shell Advance ‘Saawa Ya Kuyiliba’ by Vivo Energy Uganda was launched on September 19, 2022. The campaign sees Boda Boda riders compete to win over UGX200 million worth of prizes, including 12 brand new motorbikes, fuel, airtime, t-shirts, reflector jackets, and more.
- In this campaign, Boda Boda riders will win prizes worth over UGX200 million, including 12 brand new motorbikes, fuel and airtime, t-shirts, reflector jackets, and much more.
- The Shell Advance ‘Sawa ya kuyiliba’ campaign will run throughout the country for 12 weeks at Shell fuel stations and retail outlets. Participants will receive an entry coupon by purchasing Shell Advance from a participating retailer.
- There will be weekly draws from entry coupons. Lucky winners will be notified by SMS on the same mobile numbers indicated on their entries. Riders who participate weekly have the chance to win lots more prizes.
- Herbert Egesa, Lubricants Brand Manager, Vivo Energy Uganda, encouraged boda boda riders to participate weekly so they can increase their chances of winning each week.
- There are different Shell Advance products to suit different bike engine types. Shell Advance AX3, AX5, and 2T are suitable for 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines, respectively.
The Shell Advance ‘Saawa ya kuyiliba’ campaign will run for 12 weeks at Shell fuel stations and participating retail outlets throughout the country. To participate, riders must purchase Shell Advance at any participating retail outlet.
The entry coupons will be logged into a portal where a winner will be drawn every week. The lucky winner will be notified via SMS on the mobile number specified on the entry coupon. Riders who participate on a weekly basis offer themselves a larger chance of winning.
Vivo Energy Uganda’s Head of Business Lubricants, Alex Tusingwire, stated:
“For the next 12 weeks, we will give away one motorbike every week to a lucky winner. In this way, we are contributing to improved livelihoods and sustained household incomes for the boda boda rider. The motorbikes can be used as a means of private or public transport, thereby stimulating job creation and increased income generation for the community.”
“It gives us great pleasure to bring this exciting campaign to our esteemed boda boda riders, especially with the current economic pressures. Through this campaign, riders that purchase Shell Advance will be entered into a draw for a chance to win exciting prizes every week. We value the boda boda rider and have taken steps to improve the rider experience at our sites over the years”, noted Tusingwire.
In addition, Tusingwire stated:
“Our rider offer currently includes a specially formulated motorbike engine oil called Shell Advance for boda-bodas. We also offer our boda-boda riders dedicated motorbike fuelling points called Shell Boda Spots at our Shell service stations and motorbike service points called Shell Motorcare Express specifically operated by professional motorbike mechanics. We continue to look for opportunities to add value to these amazing customers.”
Herbert Egesa, Lubricants Brand Manager at Vivo Energy Uganda, encouraged boda-boda riders across the country to participate weekly to increase their chances of winning each week.
“I also caution all participants to be keen on con men, as all rewards will be issued at selected Shell fuel stations only. To our boda-boda customers, get your motorbikes ready, pick up a pack of Shell Advance and may the best rider win,” Egesa said.
How does Shell Advance work?
The Shell Advance formula is specially developed to deliver better engine cleaning and protection, allowing riders to conserve fuel and retain horsepower.
With Shell Advance, you can choose from a variety of oil types for different types of bike engines, including Shell Advance AX3 (Advance Red) and Shell Advance AX5 (Advance Yellow) for 4-stroke engines, and Shell Advance 2T for 2-stroke engines.
Editor’s Note: Our content may be inaccurate or out-of-date, so please contact us at email@example.com if you see something that needs to be updated.
You’re reading nowthendigital.com — which breaks the news about Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and the rest of the world, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow NOW THEN DIGITAL on YouTube, Google, Web Stories, Google News, Medium, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, Linktr, Buy Me a Coffee, and Flipboard to stay in the loop.