Kampala, Uganda | NOW THEN DIGITAL — DSTV is the leading television service provider in Africa, boasting over 9.3 million subscribers in South Africa alone. They offer tailored packages across various markets, including Uganda, Kenya, and Nigeria.
In South Africa, the number of active DSTV subscribers increased from 9 million to 9.3 million between the 2021/2022 and 2022/2023 financial years, representing a 3% growth.
DSTV Packages in Uganda
Let’s delve into the packages and pricing options offered by DSTV in Uganda:
- DSTV Access
- Monthly Cost: UGX 43,000
- Enjoy over 90 channels, including 10 HD channels.
- Access local TV series, movies, telenovelas, news, music, and kids’ channels.
- Ideal for budget-conscious viewers.
- DSTV Family
- Monthly Cost: UGX 64,000
- Offers over 110+ channels, with 10+ in HD.
- Designed for family entertainment, featuring channels like Universal, Sony Max, and Africa Magic Movies.
- Includes children’s channels like Nickelodeon, Jimjam, Disney Junior, and more.
- DSTV Compact
- Monthly Cost: UGX 104,000
- Provides 140+ channels, including 25+ HD channels.
- Features Premier League, WWE, blockbuster movies, international and local entertainment, news, music, and lifestyle channels.
- Includes channels like SuperSport Premier League, Africa Magic, BBC Brit, and MTV.
- DSTV Compact Plus
- Monthly Cost: UGX 160,000
- Offers over 155 channels, with 30 in HD.
- Includes family entertainment and sports content, such as UEFA Champions League and international football leagues.
- Access SuperSport channels, Africa Magic channels, and more.
- DSTV Premium
- Monthly Cost: UGX 275,000
- Provides over 170 channels, including 40 in HD.
- Access the latest international movies, TV shows, and reality shows.
- Enjoy all SuperSport channels, Movies Premiere, HBO, M-Net, and free access to Showmax for on-demand content.
Keep in mind that DSTV Uganda has announced price increases effective April 01, 2023. Be sure to check the latest prices before subscribing to their services to stay informed about any changes.