Carter Efe, a Nigerian Instagram star with over 1.1 million followers, is listed in the Shazam breakthrough predictions for 2023, among the 10 artists to watch.
CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA | NOW THEN DIGITAL — Oderhohwo Joseph Efe, aka Carter Efe, a Nigerian Instagram star and musician with over 1.1 million followers, has been named one of the Shazam 10 artists to watch in 2023.
- He is one of the 10 artists to watch this year in the Shazam breakthrough predictions for 2023. Oderhohwo Joseph Efe is a Nigerian Instagram star with over 1.1 million followers and a musician.
- As part of its Predictions 2023 selection, Shazam, owned by Apple Music, uses its unique algorithms and data, combined with the expertise of Apple Music’s global editorial team, to identify and identify music that has early indications of future growth, early and consistent Shazam activity, as well as discovery trends in more than one country.
- Additionally, Shazam named Carter Efe, Ice Spice, Rosa Linn, Charlieonna Friday, Young Miko, Benson Boone, Adé, Munic HB, natori and Keityn to its list of 10 artists to watch in 2023.
- The Shazam Global Top 10 in October featured Ayra Starr and she is now being hailed as one to watch in 2023 by other channels, including the Vevo network. Lojay’s streams on Apple Music increased by 696% globally from 1 December 2021 through 30 November 2022.
According to Shazam, an app owned by Apple that allows users to discover and identify music, the selection, dubbed Predictions 2023, is the result of unique predictive data and algorithms combined with Apple Music’s global editorial team.
The focus is on artists who “show early indicators of future growth, early and consistent Shazam activity, as well as discovery trends in more than one country.”
The Shazam selection highlights five artists who could break out globally in 2023 and five others who are gaining popularity regionally. As part of this group, Carter Efe will be joined by emerging talent from the US, Japan, Colombia, Spain, and France.
Other acts on Shazam’s 10 Artists to Watch list are Ice Spice, Rosa Linn, Charlieonna Friday, Young Miko, Benson Boone, Adé, Munic HB, natori and Keityn.
Among the 13 national Shazam charts on which Carter Efe’s first single charted, it reached the number one spot in Nigeria, Cameroon, and Ghana.
”Essentially, Shazam has been instrumental in helping me further my career,” Carter Efe, whose breakthrough came as a result of the 2022 hit ‘Machala’, told Apple Music.
“Having the sound was one step, but Shazam made it easier to connect me as an artist to new listeners who may not have known me prior to hearing the sound somewhere and got to Shazam it.”
”In a click, the new user is straight on any of my digital platforms to listen to what I have. It’s really been impactful and I really want to say I’m personally appreciative of it for what it’s done for my music career and other sounds basically.”
The app is known for predicting the next class of global superstars. Last year, Shazam predicted Ayra Starr and Lojay.
In October, Ayra Starr made Shazam’s Global Top 10 and is now being hailed as an artist to watch in 2023 on other platforms like Vevo. Lojay’s streams increased by 696% on Apple Music worldwide between December 1 and November 30, 2022.
In total, about half of the artists on Shazam Predictions 2022 made it to Shazam’s top 200 national charts and Apple Music’s daily top 100 charts. Shazam has also launched its Predictions 2023 playlist, a 50-track collection of global and diverse artists that are expected to be successful in 2023.
A complete list of the Shazam 10 Artists to Watch in 2023 can be found below
- Origin: USA
- Genre: Pop, Rap/Hip Hop
- First Shazam: Hollywood, USA (6 Mar 2021)
- Origin: Armenia
- Genre: Indie Pop, Folk Pop, Pop
- First Shazam: Payyannur, India (10 Sep 2021)
- Origin: USA
- Genre: Hip Hop/Rap
- First Shazam: Kirkland, USA (26 Aug 2020)
- Origin: Puerto Rico
- Genre: Latin Urban
- First Shazam: San Juan, Puerto Rico (16 July 2021)
- Origin: USA
- Genre: Pop
- First Shazam: San Jose, USA (15 Oct 2021)
- Origin: Nigeria
- Genre: Worldwide, Afro-Beat
- First Shazam: Enugu, Nigeria (29 July 2022)
- Origin: France
- Genre: French Pop
- First Shazam: Port Louis, Mauritius (20 Nov 2020)
- Origin: Spain
- Genre: Hip Hop/Rap, Trap
- First Shazam: Madrid, Spain (1 Dec 2020)
- Origin: Japan
- Genre: J-Pop
- First Shazam: Tokyo, Japan (7 Sep 2022)
- Origin: Colombia
- Genre: Latin, Latin Urban
- First Shazam: Bogota, Colombia (28 Oct 2021)
Editor’s Note: We would appreciate it if you could let us know if any of our content is inaccurate or outdated at email@example.com.
You’re reading nowthendigital.com — which breaks the news about Uganda, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and the rest of the world, day after day. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news, and follow NOW THEN DIGITAL on YouTube, Google, Web Stories, Google News, Medium, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, Linktr, Buy Me a Coffee, and Flipboard to stay in the loop.